Bernadette Davis, FMCA – specialist family mediator
I know it can be hard to have a calm conversation about your children, property and finances when trust is low and emotions are running high. My aim is to help people find agreements acceptable to everyone as quickly as possible and to avoid the stress of long drawn out disputes. I have over 20 years experience of mediating relationship breakdown and parenting after separation.
They must know, then, that the above-named gentleman whenever he was at leisure (which was mostly all the year round) gave himself up to reading books of chivalry with such ardour and avidity that he almost entirely neglected the pursuit of his field-sports, and even the management of his property; and to such a pitch did his eagerness and infatuation go that he sold many an acre of tillageland to buy books of chivalry to read, and brought home as many of them as he could get.
Over 70% of the people I see reach agreement on all or most of the things that they need to sort out.
Qualifications and expertise
- Family Mediation Council Accredited and member of The College of Mediators
- Approved by National Family Mediation as a Professional Practice Supervisor, providing supervision to other family mediators and trainees.
- Authorised by the Family Mediation Council to sign MIAM Forms A and C100
- Trained in advanced skills for Child Inclusive Mediation.
- Trainer for the Separated Parents Information Programme.
- Published articles about family mediation in Family Law
- First Class Degree in Psychology