What information we collect and how we collect it
Why and how we use your information.
How long we keep your information
How we may share your information
Your rights on the information we hold about you
Security-How we keep your information safe
How to Contact Us
The Data Controller is BD Mediation
Information We Collect
In order to provide our services and for the other purposes set out in Use of Information below, we collect and process Personal Data from the users. We may collect the following information
• Personal information (for example, your name, email address, mailing address, phone numbers, date of birth and address)
• Sensitive Personal Data [for example, health or disability issues, details of domestic abuse)
• Attendance information (such as number and type of meetings attended)
• Safeguarding incidents
From time to time and as permitted by applicable law(s), we may collect Personal Data about you and update any existing Personal Data that we currently hold from other third-party sources
We collect your information from:
Self- referral forms on our website
Referrals from Family Solicitors
We may also collect information from service users by means of telephone conversations, emails and written communications. Also from information gathered during verbal communication in meetings.
How we Use of Information
Your Personal Data may be used in the following ways:
To provide our services to you,
To respond to your requests and inquiries,
To improve our services, for example, to request your participation in surveys, or other initiatives which help us to gather information used to develop and enhance our services,
To comply with applicable laws and regulations (for example, to comply with a court order) or to carry out professional ethics/conduct investigations.
To enable us to maintain our own accounts and records.
Consent and lawful Processing of data.
Our legitimate interests, which include processing such Personal Data for the purposes of
• Providing and enhancing the provision of our services.
• administration and programme delivery
• For dealing with medical needs-any information you provide we must have had explicit consent to use.
• All other cases: that it is necessary for our legitimate interests. This may include actions relating to safeguarding, fraud or proceeds of crime.
How long will we keep your information?
Our standard period of retention of data is six years.
Sharing and Disclosure to Third Parties
We may disclose your Personal Data to third parties from time-to-time under the following circumstances:
You request or authorise the disclosure of your personal details to a third party.
The information is disclosed as permitted by applicable law(s) and/or in order to comply with applicable law(s) (for example, to comply with a search warrant or court order).
The information is provided to service providers who perform functions on our behalf.
• Hosting providers for the secure storage and transmission of your data
• Legal and compliance consultants, such as Professional Practice Consultants.
• Technology providers who assist in the development and management of our web properties
Parents and Children
If the person about whom we are holding information is below 14 then we will need to seek consent from the parent or legal guardian if consent is required. Once the person reaches 14, we will seek consent from them.
Subject Access/User Rights
As a user, you are subject to the following rights:
• The right to be informed of the use of your Personal Data
• The right to access and/or to require the correction or erasure of your Personal Data
• The right to block and/or object to the processing of your Personal Data
• The right to not be subject to any decision based solely on automated processing of your Personal Data
• In limited circumstances, you may have the right to receive Personal Data in a format which may be transmitted to another entity.
You may seek to exercise any of these rights by sending a written request to Manager, BD Mediation, Orchard House, Portway, Wantage, OX12 9BU or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are working to protect your personal information that we hold, its confidentially, integrity and availability.
• We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
• We restrict access to personal information to Staff and Volunteers subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
• We have a Security Information Policy in place which defines the measures we take to protect your personal information. We use a combination of technology and procedures to ensure that our paper and computer systems are protected, monitored and are recoverable.
• We only use third party service providers where we are satisfied that they provide adequate security for your personal data.
Compliance and cooperation with regulatory authorities
How to Contact Us